Within MossRehab, we have a comprehensive array of transitional and outpatient rehabilitation programs to meet the ongoing needs of people with brain injury. When it’s time to move from inpatient care, our care management team works with patients to help them transition to the appropriate MossRehab programs and facilities to best fit their needs. Across our entire system are the same level of highly qualified, caring and collaborative clinicians to ensure patients never stop pushing forward.
INPATIENT TBI CARE
The Drucker Brain Injury Center
The nationally recognized Drucker Brain Injury Center at MossRehab’s facility in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania provides a warm, friendly and supportive environment for patients recovering from and receiving treatment for traumatic brain injury. We are connected to an acute care hospital on-site, so patients and their families benefit from the additional security and efficiency of having the staff, technology and resources of a full-service hospital available 24 hours a day.
Patients receive their traumatic brain injury evaluation by a board-certified physiatrist-a physician who is specially trained in physical medicine and rehabilitation-who specializes in traumatic brain injury rehabilitation and directs their care for the duration of their stay. Each patient, based on his or her unique diagnosis, is partnered with carefully selected clinicians, all of whom are specialists in brain injury rehabilitation and who create and constantly adjust the TBI therapy plan. While at MossRehab, patients start to regain physical, cognitive and behavioral skills that may have been impaired as a result of their injury.
MossRehab treats patients in Philadelphia, throughout Pennsylvania and nationwide from Drucker Brain Injury Center. Request an appointment to meet one our experienced physicians or therapists:
Request an Appointment
Day Hospital and Day TBI Therapy
These are specially designed care options for patients who need intensive treatment but don't require the around-the-clock medical attention of an inpatient stay at our traumatic brain injury rehabilitation facility. These options can often provide a cost-effective bridge between the inpatient and outpatient care programs. Patients continue to receive the same level of quality TBI treatment, in the same facility and with the same skilled rehabilitative team, but with the comfort of returning home at night, and on weekends.
OUTPATIENT BRAIN INJURY CARE
MossRehab encompasses an expansive network of fully equipped rehabilitation centers conveniently located throughout the greater Philadelphia region so patients can continue to learn new skills or refine existing skills needed for living independent and productive lives. The primary goal of our TBI occupational therapy treatments is to help our patients return to the comfort of their homes, with as much independence and return to functioning as possible. To that end, we go beyond traditional outpatient brain injury therapy, and dedicate extra resources to meet the specific needs and lifestyles of each individual patient and their families. That may include vocational training, physical adaptations in the home, or other daily skills like managing finances.
Physical & Occupational Therapy
SPECIALIZED TBI REHAB SERVICES
MossRehab offers an extensive number of specialized brain injury rehabilitation services across our Greater Philadelphia Area and Delaware network. These treatments are designed to help people who have experienced traumatic brain injury overcome a specific challenge, re-learn a specific skill or build upon their current abilities. At whatever point a patient is in the rehabilitation process, we have the team, tools and technology to help.
Occupational Therapy Treatments
- The Clubhouse is an innovative program that provides customized skills training and social opportunities for people who have experienced a traumatic brain injury to increase their opportunities for employment and self-sufficient living.
- Community Re-entry rehabilitation specialists teach the skills necessary for performing everyday activities in the community both on-site and in real off-site locations. Therapists accompany and coach patients and their families through the social and physical steps necessary to navigate and re-learn day-to-day tasks such as eating at restaurants, shopping in a grocery store and going to work.
- The Vocational Directions Program trains and places people with brain injury and learning disabilities into gainful employment in the community. On-the-job coaching and a job retention program offer continued support and counseling after integration into the workplace.
- The School Re-entry Program prepares students with brain injury to return to academic life by coaching them on how to organize their study habits. This includes working with school administrators and teachers to custom-design academic programs to meet students' needs.
- Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Evaluations (CORE): A multidisciplinary team of physiatrists, neuropsychologists, speech, physical and occupational therapists provides a highly individualized evaluation of a patient's daily living skills. The patient's unique abilities and needs are identified to determine whether they are ready for milestones such as returning to work, home and community re-entry and what assistance they may need.
- The MossRehab Driving Program is a state-licensed program approved by Pennsylvania and Delaware. Driving instructors, certified by the Association for Driver Rehabilitation Specialists, work with individuals to assess functional abilities and reaction time and recommend any changes in vehicle operation that may be required, such as hand levers instead of foot pedals. They also conduct driving evaluations and provide on-road driver training to make driving possible and comfortable for qualified persons.
Additional Brain Injury Care Specialized Services
- The Responsiveness Program evaluates and treats patients with prolonged unconsciousness or slow recovery of consciousness after traumatic or non-traumatic brain injuries. We assess the patient's sensory, motor, and cognitive functioning to guide treatment, using sensitive methods, many of which were developed through research at MossRehab.
- The Neuro-orthopedics Program unites a specialized team of orthopedists and physiatrists to provide highly customized diagnosis and treatment for physical and mobility needs.
- At the MossRehab Concussion Center, brain injury clinicians, neuropsychologists and certified vestibular therapists assess, diagnose and treat concussions to ensure optimal recovery.
Choosing the right rehabilitation center may be one of the most important decisions you ever make. Learn more about the best in the region. Schedule a tour or make an appointment by calling 1-800-CALL MOSS or using our Contact Us form.