The Stroke Caregiver Problem-Solving Group meets on the second Monday of every month from 12-1 p.m. via Zoom. For the meeting link, please contact Mary Steskal at PelakMar@einstein.edu or Dr. Sheryl Berardinelli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stroke Caregiver Assistance
This group is offered to caregivers after loved ones have been discharged from the hospital.
Our purpose is to have an open discussion among stroke caregivers while providing clinical strategies and support. Please join us to discuss issues specifically related to caregivers such as self-care, coping, and navigating the caregiver role for a loved one at home. Our group often has various clinical guest speakers who can provide in depth knowledge on caregiver requested topics.
Interested? Come join us. No need to contact us ahead of time or reserve a spot. All stroke caregivers are welcome.
To Learn More About Our Community For Stroke Caregivers, Contact Mary Stesktal at 215-663-7078.
Previous Support Group Topics:
Here are some topics we covered in the past year to provide assistance to stroke caregivers:
- Mobility within the home
- Navigating the community and public restrooms with loved ones
- Continuum of Care - keeping your loved ones active yet safe at home
- Preparing modified diets at home following swallowing impairments
- Communicating with loved ones after cognitive and speech impairments
- Sexuality and socialization (relationships)
- Increasing leisure activities and recreation
- Identifying helpful resources in the community