The Balance and Vestibular Center is a joint program of MossRehab and Einstein Medical Center Department of Neurosensory Sciences. The Center's specialists conduct extensive clinical evaluations and diagnostic testing to design a customized treatment plan for each patient.
Services may include:
- Advanced diagnostic testing, including computerized dynamic posturography
- Comprehensive evaluation by a physical therapist with specialty certification in vestibular rehabilitation therapy
- Customized education related to a patient's diagnosis, safety and fall risk, and a treatment plan
- Referral to other specialized services, if appropriate
Through a coordinated team approach to care, our neurologists and therapists work closely with other health professionals as needed to develop a treatment plan tailored to the individual's diagnosis. Treatment options vary and may include medication, rehabilitative services or referrals to surgical specialists.
Patients may be referred to the Balance and Vesitbular Center for diagnosis, pre-surgical evaluation, rehabilitation or pain management. Those most likely to benefit include patients with:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Inner ear disorders
- Orthopedic issues
- Older adults who are at risk for falls
- Other neurological diagnoses
Special Program Features
Patients have benefited greatly from MossRehab's SMART Balance Master® -- a visual biofeedback device that provides reliable assessment of balance functions. The healthcare team uses the SMART Balance Master to measure and evaluate a range of sensory parameters including how well the eyes, inner ear and the muscles and joints are working together to maintain balance. Based on these test results, the treatment team coordinates a patient's care plan.
Location and Office Hours
MossRehab Outpatient Center
60 Township Line Road
Elkins Park, PA 19027
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For more information or to make a referral, please call 215-663-6354.